Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Getting Road Trip Ready...

Saturday after work the Boy & I will be making our way to Florida by... CAR!  That's right, we're going on our very first road trip!  Interesting, huh?  Think we won't bitch each other out on the way there? Hope not, but lets just say he's in for a treat, having never driven past... Virginia, something tells me he's probably going to lose his mind once we reach The Carolinas and how straight and boring the ride is going to be.  You'll see.  

I mapped out our trip on Google Maps and the total mileage comes to 1,109!! Ahhhh!!!!!! 
Check it out!


I haven't really let myself look at it the map much because it's just overwhelming and after just looking at it, I nearly had a spazz attack!  Could you imagine doing that cross-country?! Granted it's also something I want to do at some point, I'm just not sure when... and it's not like I haven't driven down to Florida before, I have.  It's been a long time, and for that reason.   Today I did manage to get a few things out of the way in order to get the car ready, not that much is needed but still, you never know and in the process I was almost scammed, or something like it.  I brought my car to Town Fair Tire for an alignment only to be told just seconds after I got there that I really only needed new tires.  Now an alignment cost about $69, and a new set of Bridgestone Turanza EL400 are about $150 each maybe even more.  Make's you wonder exactly what he really thought I needed, or what rather what he wanted from me!  Anyhow, I got my oil changed at Honda of Westport and after their 19-point inspection it turns out that my tires are just fine for now, the only thing that mattered or I should start thinking about soon are my brakes.  Thanks Mr. Town Fair Tire... it looks to me like you weren't really being all that fair to me by trying to make me spend $600 dollars on tires that obviously don't need to be replaced yet. 

More to come on the prep stuff...

Since we plan on doing the drive in a straight shot... I've gotta find ideas and stuff to keep us entertained, places we can stop for great food, and possibly things to see along the way that don't always look like this


No comments: