Sunday, June 29, 2008

Post Eddie Izzard

Eddie Izzard was BRILLIANT!  I can't even describe... and to think I wasn't all that excited at first to go see him, such a fool I was.  I can't remember the last time I had laughed SO hard!  Our seats, were great too, we were in row NN (14Th row) seats 407-409.  Hard to believe my housemate was able to find 3 seats at last minute on eBay, considering his three shows this weekend were completely sold out.  
As for Radio City... WOW!  Talk about MASSIVE!  I know I had seen it on TV anytime an award show was being aired but actually being there was captivating.  I felt like an ant, or a needle in a hay stack, and it was amazing.  What I found more amazing is how many people showed up to see this one man perform, when I didn't really think anyone knew who he was, and they were all there... (people that is).  All kinds of people, pretty people, nice people, hot people, average people, ugly people and worst of all smelly people.  I had this one guy in front of me who wasn't funky from what I could tell but he wouldn't stop moving his head side to side!  I had to keep leaning closer and closer and closer to the boy, eventually I felt like my head was on his lap!  Not like I would have minded that at all, but come on now... did he not realize he was only in the 13TH row and there were about 5,000 other people there, including me right behind him?!  Pendejo!  Then came the other guy who sat right behind me and made me feel like he was air humping my back and breathing heavy on my neck!  Radio City is MASSIVE as I said early, so everyone should have enough room, right?  Not according to his idiot... I understand everyone laughs at a comedian, I mean seriously, but when you have hot breath that reminded me of shit, moth balls, and the elderly than PLEASE!  Keep it to yourself! 

After the show we headed over to Rockefeller Center for a brief stop and just walked and walked and walked and walked up 5TH Ave up to Columbus.  Besides the fact that it was hot, gross and humid out, so humid I felt like I was breathing in steam, the walk was great.  We walked by almost every designer store I could think of at the time and I finally got to see The Plaza Hotel 

"New York's Most Exciting Hotel Experience.
 For Reservations Call Toll Free at 1-800-759-3000"

Sorry.  I had a little Home Alone 2 moment, and be warned, it may happen again at any time.  So we finally made it to the subway stations we had wanted only to nearly suffocate in there and wait for this attendant to service the metro card machine.  There was this homeless man sleeping in the corner on the floor and I asked myself how he was asleep in such conditions... it mean it was HOT! 

We finally made it back to West 85TH where we had parked our car in front of someone's brownstone, dropped off some of our things and headed to Hi-Life Bar & Grill for some drinks.  It was a cute bar, not too big, not too small and not too busy.  Which normally I would be okay with but this time I was just tired.  Drinks finally came and we played music with them, or musical drinks passing around each others drinks so we could try them which is our signature thing to do with anything that can be consumed. 

The bar had this ipod DJ so we requested quite a few songs, I think we were the only ones that actually requested anything.  Oh well, he looked bored so why not challenge him to actually find the song we had asked for.  We were getting ready to leave so you know I had to make a pit stop and in the process I managed to walk in on some guy who... was either really drunk or didn't mind the fact that I walked into him - literally.  It was a one person bathroom and I opened to door which slapped him in the back.  He smiled when he walked out.. maybe he was just drunk.  I was surprised he didn't get pissed, so Hmm....  and just when we thought we were going to leave the boy decides he needed to hear Jay Z's "Can I Get A", that old ass song.  So we waited for that and in the process JOURNEY CAME ON!!  Loved it. 

Overall we had a good night, experienced Radio City, Saw Izzard, avoided throwing up,  had a home alone moment, suffocated at the subway station and survived? Had some drinks, bumped into a guy while he was peeing and got a big'ol blister on my left foot. 

No comments: