Tuesday, July 22, 2008

X Bank


I work for X bank and today was just as annoying as any other day, only there's been more bullshit added onto our do and don't list. Apparently our manager doesn't want anyone to accept any personal phone calls what so ever, except only in case of an emergency. Which... I understand to a certain extent, clearly I wouldn't talk on the phone at any time in the middle of a customer, that's just common sense and plain rude. God forbid if any customer hangs up their cell phone though, which is one of my biggest pet peeves. Anyhow, I don't think it's really anyones business who's on the other end of someones phone call, or what it's about. Another thing they're trying to pull over on us is our start time. Which through policy states that our start time includes, training, morning meetings, and set up time, where as the manager wants for everyone to get in 10 minutes ahead of their scheduled time and claims personnel will vouch and say either the same thing, or that it's up to the managers discretion. If it is in fact up to the managers discretion I'd like to understand why it is that we were required to take training on time entry and why there's a clear list of requirements and procedures. I'd also like to know if say we do start going in 10 minutes earlier everyday, does that mean we're going to be compensated for that time as well? Considering that policy states you're to enter your time into the system to the minute, from start to finish, and that managers are not allowed to edit your time entry. It also states that we're supposed to be receive overtime for any amount of time worked past your regularly scheduled 40 hours. X bank contradicts itself when it comes to their policies and procedures, and with what they tell their employees, sometimes I feel it may only be a thing that occurs at a branch level, but how am I supposed to figure that out if anytime I've called HR for advice and counsel you're basically told that it's up to the manager, for everything.

I've dedicated nearly 5 years of my life to working here, and have yet to be compensated annually for just being an employee. I can't remember the last time I was given an actual raise, when I tell people this they're pretty much amazed a company could get away with this. X Bank believes in quarterly incentives, which is the only way one person could ever make any extra money, by doing what's required. What's required went from referring products and services, to engaging in conversation with customers in order to find hidden clues by asking open ended questions. Doing so is supposed to help you uncover what a specific customers needs really are, and from that... you refer, or advise them on what you believe is best. Now, with the way the economy is today, it's either my luck or just everything else going on but NO ONE wants to hear anything now a days. I find customers are content with the fact that they're money is still available to them, I say for two reasons, recent bank closures and because recently I was bitched at when I simply wanted to offer a customer a better rate than what they were currently receiving. I did nothing wrong and exactly what was required of me and got shafted. Now I just have to remind myself that it's only time until I can get another job and that getting frustrated isn't really all that worth it anymore. X Bank, or rather Bank Of America doesn't really seem to care much for it's employee's... From day one, I knew it would turn out this way, meetings we attended, conference calls we've all had made me feel uncomfortable from the beginning. I always felt like I've been working for a cult.



No comments: