Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wrong Number!

It's one thing to receive a phone call to either your mobile or land line that just happens to be someone who simply dialed the number.  It's another thing if you know you have a wrong number but insist on dialing that same number not once, twice, three or four, but FIVE TIME!! Especially when it's my day off and I'm trying to take a mid-afternoon nap!  After the second call I had to reject I decided to answer it, because I was curious.  I've had a few missed calls from this "unknown" number for a couple of weeks now, and on occasion I have answered it, but never said anything cause I would quickly hang right up on purpose, assuming they would get a clue.  Not this guy though, I answered the phone and the call went a little like this:


Me: "Hello?"
        "Hello?"

Me: "Who's this?"

Him: "Hello"

Him: "Hmm, who is THIS?"

Me: "Sorry, you have the wrong number. [click]"

There I was, thinking it was over, that my point was made clear, that I was finally going to get the sleep I had desperately needed (shut up, I really needed  a nap) when all of a sudden... *Ring, Ring Ring*  The bastard had dialed my number again!  So I'm laying there... looking at my phone and asking myself who the hell this person was and what they hell he wanted. One missed call and then it rang again.  I silenced the ringer and watch it ring.  Two missed calls and and it rang again, and again!!  Clearly this SON OF A BITCH wasn't getting the message, it took a couple more of these for him to finally give up, but only until he decides to call me again.  After thinking about for a while, of course this was after taking my nap, I thought to myself, why not mess around with this person a little?

1 comment:

Megan said...

It was me, I have to confess. Mystery solved.







Juuuust kidding! Next time he calls, let me talk to him.