Tuesday, October 7, 2008

4th Week

I'm back in Connecticut again, my niece was finally released from the hospital and is doing excellent, she's recovering quite nicely. We're all very relieved about that, my Mom is also doing well, she flew up here Sunday to help my sister out during my nieces recovery. It's nice to come back home and spend time with my family, I'm thankful for that in every way, but part of me feels like I have yet to part with calling this home.

The longest I've gone without coming back up here is about two weeks, and frankly nothing has been established in that amount of time. It's not that I don't expect everything to just fall into place, absolutely not, but I do expect to feel some sort of security. We're at the beginning of our fourth week at our new place and I still haven't found a job. I'm trying not to get myself down on that seeing how much the market sucks, job, stock, and food markets, everything sucks and here I am on the corner just watching everything flash past me. Did I mention how I never got a single email back from any of the openings I applied to on craigslist? How's that for motivation? I mentioned that to Sindis and she made me feel a little better in saying she too had to send out her resume about a thousand times.

Friday I took a walk down Broadway picking up applications and scoping out the scene, I never noticed just how busy that area happens to be. It was the first time I was out of the house on my own and exploring, it felt nice, especially after I thought I was suffering from cabin fever. The applications I picked up will be filled out once I actually stop blogging, one of the spots mentioned they were hiring for about 30hours, another also said they were hiring but did not mention for how many hours, I probably should have asked. I guess I'm more desperate than anything that I'll just accept whatever comes to me, I'd rather not have that happen without making sure it's something I'll feel comfortable with, but beggars can't be choosers. Wait, I'm not begging, am I?

No comments: