Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Weekend at Bantam Lake

This weekend was a very relaxing weekend, the boy and I had taken our housemate up on an invitation to the lake house at Bantam Lake in Morris, CT. Last time I had gone was about a year ago, but this time we'd be spending the night, a night with no cell phone service, no land line, no cable, and no Internet. Scary I tell you, but I'm stuck in the middle of liking it and not liking it. It was peaceful, but e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y dark at night.  So dark I think I saw every star I could have possibly seen at night.



I did have fun though, I got to spend time with the boy without him being attached to that annoying video game he just so happens to be playing right now.  We went fishing, I hadn't gone fishing since I was in the 5Th grade, which means forever ago! I didn't have much luck the first night, we fished for a few hours, until about dusk, I of course snapped pictures in between the fishes I never caught that night (some of which I plan to post on here... pictures that is).   After fishing we decided to grill a bit, we had a charcoal grill and that was fun, and when I use the word fun I mean the complete opposite.  If there's one tip I could give out it's to ALWAYS READ DIRECTIONS!!  I could have burned my eyebrows right off, luckily I didn't, they're still intact.  



The three of us stayed up playing settlers that night until very late, we even managed to go find ice cream at an Irving station in the middle of the night.  One thing I don't know is how I managed to wake up at 6 am the next morning to watch the sunrise and fish some more.  We all know how I am when it comes to getting up most mornings for work, ha!  Although I was half asleep, swollen from lack of sleep and had my eyes wide shut, I caught quite a few fish!  So many (I think about 4) that I was already for a nap by 9! 



All in all the weekend was great, I fished, I grubbed, I sorta slept and spent time with the boy.  In conclusion I know how much I hate bugs, and yeah - bugs.  If only immersing yourself in nature without bugs around were possible, than it would be ultimate!  We're definitely going to spend more time up there this summer. 


No comments: