So other than that, I was fine on my way home, called my Mom and spoke with her for a while, she was just getting things ready for their big day at the beach tomorrow. I miss them SO much. July 4Th in my family was always a big deal, year after year we would go all out, literally bringing our entire homes Rocky Neck State Park. It was always a race with hundreds of others throughout the state to see who can get there first and the best picnic spot in the entire park. So many memories, and trips back and forth to the car dragging supplies back and forth, listening to my Dad bitch about how he was left to do all the work, carry all the stuff (literally), set up the canopy, start the grill... none of which was ever really his "thing" but he was always stuck doing it year after year, even though he swore he was never going to do it again. I feel bad now for laughing at him all those times.
This year, I'm not really doing anything for the 4Th, nothing major was planned at all. My sisters have made their own plans, one's going to the beach and the other to her husbands family's house for a cookout. It bothers me, a whole lot... not that I would have joined either but more because we aren't doing anything with each other. I thought since we all stilled lived fairly close to each other that we would at least plan something out in advance. I'm over it, I'm over it... no - I'm really not but there's nothing I could do about that now, is there?
So today I found out the boy actually knows about this blog. How does that make me feel? Weird, but fine I suppose. I don't really know why I thought maybe he wouldn't find it, or figure out I was writing on here but he does and that's fine. Be warned... I'm not holding back.



No comments:
Post a Comment