Friday, January 2, 2009

You know you're off to a bad start when...

You receive a phone call from your recruiter with bad news, saying the offer made to you had to be retracted because something simply wasn't looking so well when they pulled a background check.

My recruiter is on vacation for the Holidays and after giving me an offer, with immediate benefits, and a projected start date it turns out that none of it is going through.  It's like giving a kid a lolly pop and then snatching it.  You don't do that to someone when the job market is the way it is today.  Get the facts straight first, is that too much to ask for?  Why couldn't they just interview me, get all of my information, ask for a drug test from each person being interviewed and upon clearing everything make an offer.  To me that would make sense but apparently that's just not how things work around here.  

I'm supposed to receive a letter in the mail stating exactly why I was suddenly declined.  All she was able to tell me was that it had to do with the criminal background check, and how something had showed up on the report.  I know it's a mistake simply because I've never committed any crimes.  Someone has definitely been messing around with my SSN and it's just sad that I'm losing out on a job opportunity because of it. 

Being the 2nd day of the new year I really hope that things will just look up from here.  We'll see what this letter has to say about me. 

No comments: